Pinhole Camera!!!

As part of another introduction to the course in the induction week we also made our own pinhole cameras out of 440ml beer cans. I have used a pin hole camera before, but this was the first time I had used a beer can as a camera. To create the camera we cut the top of using a can opener and filed down the edges.A lid was then created out of black card and duck tape. A lens was created by piecing a hole in the side of the can with a pin.
To capture the image light sensitive paper was added to the can in a dark room. The camera was now ready to capture an image. The amount of time needed was about 8 seconds, this was achieved by using some black electric tape as a cover for the lens which could be removed for the right amount of time, then replaced over the hole to stop the camera capturing it image.
Overall I felt my image worked well as I placed my can camera on a flat surface, this flat surface also had a engraving on it that was also captured as well as fine detail in the background. I also like the way the images taken look like a fish photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment