The joker has Throughout his comic book appearances been portrayed as a master criminal whose characterization has varied from that of a violent psychopath to a goofy trickster-thief. Whilst creating my lair for the joker I thought about what would the joker would need in his lair? and what would it look like? I took inspiration from the DC comic strips and also the batman films and cartoons. One of the most important parts of his character is he is a insane trickster who is symbolised by the the image of the joker card in a pack of playing cards. He has also been compared to a clown and in many films and cartoons his servant's wear clown masks or clothes. From these two main inspiration points I created my lair with bright playful colours and created some of my own imagery in photoshop and illustrator that depicted jokers and clowns. I used these images as wall coverings, secret doorways and posters as I felt that the joker would cover his own surroundings in images of himself as he feels that he is the only important person in the whole world. Creating these drawings gave the look of the lair a cartoon look, so i worked with it by using more bright clashing colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment